Junior media relations specialist needed!
Posted on: 2019-02-20
Opportunity alert! Are you a budding media expert? TopLine Comms wants you!
TopLine Comms, the B2B PR agency
that runs the B2B PR Blog, is on the hunt for a Junior Media Relations Specialist:
We need a junior media relations specialist to help revolutionise our approach to dealing with the media. You will work with our senior media relations consultant and our client teams to:
- Develop compelling media stories on behalf of our clients.
- Maintain our database of media contacts.
- Build our relationships with key journalists (our media relations department has an entertainment budget which results in regular media only events hosted by TopLine that you’ll be heavily involved with).
- Plan media relations and influencer campaigns.
- Manage media pitches (you’ll have the support of account teams, but you will be doing a lot of the pitching yourself) and digital PR outreach.
- Liaise with clients, journalists and our account teams to make sure that journalists get all the information they need from our clients and have a positive experience dealing with the media.
- Follow up to ensure media interactions result in coverage.
- Manage TopLine’s own media profile and contribute to the marketing strategy.
The TopLine media relations department is growing and is one of our not so secret weapons! Your colleagues will love you. Clients will think you’re a rock star. Journalists will tweet about how great you are. We’ll win awards off the back of your creativity and smooth people handling.
- This is an entry level role for the right person – you are that person if you:
- Have a genuine interest in the news and how public relations influences the news agenda.
- Are courageous! Picking up the phone to pitch a story can be intimidating!
- Are enthusiastic about media relations – you think you know what it takes to make good coverage happen but want to perfect your skills.
- Love technology (we operate in the tech space).
- Are a keen learner – we use a range of digital tools to be more efficient at media outreach and increase our chances of success, but we also understand there’s no substitute for solid research into an influencer’s remit.
- Strike the perfect balance between being organised (we’re sticklers for process) and being creative.
- Are a pleasure to work with – you’re considerate of colleagues, generally great to have around, and punctual.
- Are a creative thinker – not every pitch will result in success, so it’s important to be able to rotate a story until you find the right angle for the right journalist.
- Are determined – sometimes there’s no substitute for a bit of grit and determination!
We offer great benefits, advanced training, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to work with inspiring entrepreneurs (most of our clients are the kind of tech entrepreneurs we all wish we were!), build an amazing network and become a high-profile specialist yourself (there’s heaps of opportunity to build your own profile).
To find out more about this amazing opportunity, apply at TopLine Comms here!